Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins that you can quickly whip together when you’ve got ripe bananas sitting on the counter. This is the ultimate go-to banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread is the ultimate go-to when there are leftover ripe bananas on the counter. It’s something of a constant battle in our home, leftover overripe bananas that nobody wants to eat.
But they are PERFECT for banana bread. So perhaps it continues to happen when we just keep making banana bread out of it. So here you have it, our go-to banana bread recipe that can be made as bread or into muffins. Your choice.
Now Here is all you are going to need to make these epic gluten free banana bread muffins
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend – the type we love using is linked below in the recipe card.
Making this recipe into Gluten Free Banana Bread?
Yes it’s actually extremely easy to do. All you have to do is grease a bread pan, pour the batter into the pan and increase your baking time.
If you are making in the traditional bread pan you’ll want to bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
There are a few reasons I like making banana muffins instead.
- No slicing required and already pre-portioned for snacking.
- Banana Bread Muffins transport easier.
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are fantastic to transport too… 😉 Cookies and Banana Bread Muffins… thats all we need in our lives, am I right?
Freezing bananas for future banana bread muffins
While I do try to make banana bread ASAP with ripe bananas I sometimes just can’t get around to it and need to freeze them instead. Did you know that you can freeze bananas that are going too ripe for future banana bread?
Here is how you want to do it.
- Peel the bananas.
- Freeze separated either into servings for the recipe or if you are freezing a ton freeze them on a baking sheet to avoid freezing together.
You want to be able to easily separate them after freezing because once they de-thaw they will be very soft and impossible to not make a mess with.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 large bananas , mashed
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease 12 standard muffin pan or line with cupcake liners. We made ours in a 6 muffin pan but it's enough to make 12 standard muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix bananas, egg, butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder. Slowly whisk in flour.
- Pour batter evenly across muffin tin. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.