One simple gluten-free cheesecake crust swap to make a dessert the entire family can enjoy! This easy and delicious recipe will easily become a favorite.
I’m so happy about the recent cheesecake craze that I feel like has been going on this year. Everyone seems to be devouring cheesecake and we are included in this frenzy.
WHY is it not the staple for all desserts! Especially when it’s something that can SO EASILY be made gluten free and even dairy-free with the fantastic dairy-free alternatives out there these days.
All you need for this gluten free cheesecake crust
- Almond flour
So just 4 easy ingredients! If you really want to make this even easier though using store bought gluten-free shortbread cookies or even gluten-free chocolate creme cookies like these glutinos! Actually.. both varieties are divine for a crust. lol We’ve recently become addicted to the vanilla creme cookies ourselves. I digress.
Either way. This crust is so super easy to whip together you’ll be impressed and wonder why the heck cheesecake isn’t made on a weekly basis! 😉
What type of toppings to enjoy on cheesecake.
I’m definitely a less is more type of gal. That is until it comes to cheesecake. I love plain cheesecake, don’t get me wrong. However, it just always seems to need something to elevate it when serving to guests. So here are some easy and delicious gluten-free toppings to enjoy with your cheesecake.
- You can also easily make the chocolate ganache that you are seeing on this cheesecake with a little heavy cream and a bar of chocolate! Yeah.. that’s how easy that is.
So lets dive in you guys. If we can keep this cheesecake craze going through next year I’ll be more than happy. Lets start agreeing that cheesecake should be a part of Meal prep Sunday! Then we can have a morning with these Gluten Free Pancakes and get that week started RIGHT!
Gluten Free Cheesecake
Gluten Free Cheesecake Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 Tablespoons butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a 8 inch spring form pan with greased parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pulse almond flour, butter, sugar and salt in food processor until mixture forms a ball. Press crust into prepared spring form pan.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, heavy whipping cream into a separate large bowl. Whisk together using a hand mixer or stand mixer to create a smooth creamy filling. Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepare crust pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature before placing into refrigerator. Refrigerator at least 12 hours before cutting and serving.