Gluten Free Pancakes that are sure to become a family weekend staple. These pancakes can’t get any easier to quickly whip together on a Sunday morning.
Get ready for the easiest gluten-free pancakes recipe. Pancakes are essential in our household. They are such an easy breakfast staple.
Are pancakes always gluten-free? Well, these ones are! 🥞
But no not all pancakes are gluten-free. I’d say 99% of them are not made with gluten-free flour. If you are new to gluten-free eating be sure to check out our Gluten Free 101 section to get you started on what flours you have to look out for.
Bonus – this recipe can be easily made dairy-free friendly by simply swapping the milk with a dairy-free alternative!
Freezing these pancakes for later.
We’ve found that making a big batch of pancakes. Like doubling this recipe and freezing it all is our favorite these days. Simply pop into the microwave for 90 seconds and you’ll have fresh popping pancakes ready.
I personally hate flipping pancakes so a easy pop in the microwave is my favorite solution to avoid standing at the stove flipping pancakes first thing in the mornings. It’s actually a huge reason I love french toast.. it’s quicker and less time standing at the stove.
If there is one thing you’ll learn about our family with this blog. We are SO lazy. So this gluten-free eating has to be easy as well. Welcome to our lazy kitchen.
How to have this gluten-free pancake mix at ready
You can 100% premix the dry ingredients ahead of time and double or even triple the dry ingredients to store at a later time.
You’ll want 2 cups of the premixed dried ingredients and then add the following wet ingredients and proceed to follow the instructions. Actually this would great gift idea for anyone recently diagnosed!
I know that once I was diagnosed I craved a big plate of pancakes with bacon. It’s the little comforts. Am I right?
Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (use if your flour blend does not have it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk ( or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and cinnamon.
- Creating a well in the center of dry ingredients add whisked eggs, milk, vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Lightly grease the pan. Pour approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake on to the griddle. Spread batter with a spoon to make thinner. The batter is a little thick with gluten-free flour so you'll want to make it thinner to cook evenly.
- Brown on both sides (apprx 2 minutes each side) and serve hot with your favorite toppings.