Gluten Free Ice Cream made with just 4-ingredients, zero cans of condensed milk AND required no ice cream maker! What are you waiting for?! You’ve got to make this.
Ohhh ice cream. You have had my heart since day one. Seriously, I never can get enough of ice cream. There has been a ‘lovely’ new trend though in the ice cream industry. Adding coconut oil.
Fabulous for people who don’t have a reaction to coconut oil..Not so great for those of us who do. So we’ve fallen back onto making our own no churn ice cream.
Which honestly, this recipe requiring just 4-ingredients isn’t that big of a deal. So the biggest question at this point is…..
How to Make Gluten Free Ice Cream?
It’s actually rather simple. All the basic ingredients you need to make ice cream are all naturally gluten-free! The biggest issue is either added ingredients AND toppings. So those swirled brownie bits you see in the store? Yeah those are not for us.
Now you CAN make your own gluten-free brownies, or cookie dough bits and swirl into this ice cream to make a variety of flavors.
So really making gluten free ice cream is extremely easy. You don’t mess with nature goodness, make with it’s natural ingredients and you’ve got safe-to-eat ice cream!
I think my favorite part of this ice cream is that it requires NO ICE CREAM MAKER! If you are anything like me, I can’t stand kitchen equipment taking up space. So I try to function with as little as possible. I mean for how much I love ice cream.. perhaps I should look into an ice cream maker…another day lol.
What kind of ice cream flavors can we make with this ice cream base?
The options are absolutely endless. With this being made with honey the base is slightly sweetened and gives it a unique flavor that I absolutely love. Here are a few other options.
- Chocolate – mix in about 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to make this chocolate.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – fold in gluten-free cookie dough by VeggieBalance.
- Mint Chocolate Chip – Add a dash of mint extract and a few chocolate chips.
- Raspberry or Strawberry 🍓 – take about 1/2 cup smashed berries and fold into ice cream before freezing.
As you can tell, I definitely lean towards chocolate. I love chocolate so much. We go through quite a bit, hence why I make it myself these days! Want to make some safe-to-eat chocolate? Check out our gluten-free chocolate recipe.
Can this ice cream be made dairy-free too?
Yes! You can take 1 3/4 cups of coconut cream to replace the whipped cream. It works as an excellent option for dairy-free diets.
Another fabulous option for dairy-free ice cream would be this Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream by That’s Low Carb.
Now the next thing we need to start working on is an ice cream cake! I had a ice cream cake for my birthday as a kid and still decades later I still think of it. THAT is how much we love ice cream.
So while we get working on that you can quickly whip together this easy and delicious gluten-free ice cream.. mmmk? 😉
Gluten Free Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- In a medium chilled bowl, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Set aside and refrigerate.
- In an another large bowl beat egg yolks for 1 minute, or until eggs are frothy and paled colored.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat. Add honey. Slowly bring honey to a rolling boil, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add hot honey to whipped egg yolks. Pour as a steady steam while continuing to beat eggs. Beat on high until mixture is pale and creamy in texture. Apprx 5 minutes
- Slowly fold in whipped cream. Pour ice cream into large loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the freezer until it sets. Apprx 4-6 hours.
Leave a Reply