Gluten Free Chocolate Bars are the perfect sweet treat to make in under 10 minutes. You can have your chocolate and eat it too.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I am 100% chocolate obsessed.
I LOVE CHOCOLATE SO MUCH 🍫
The amount of chocolate that my family devours it’s so much more economical to make our own, especially when it is SO easy to make!
Most plain chocolate is gluten-free these days but the flavor varieties you do need to be really careful regarding. Be sure to check out our What ingredients to avoid on gluten-free diet post to refresh what you need to keep an eye out for if purchasing your own chocolate!
Or you can entirely avoid that stress by making your own chocolate!
We personally avoid potential cross contamination chocolate as well. If they have a warning they are made on the same like with wheat, we pass on it. Which leaves us to a few chocolates but they are definitely more expensive. Again, at the rate we eat chocolate… much more economical to make our own!
This biggest issue I had when we first began making this chocolate ourselves would be overcooking the ingredients in the microwave. We found the solution using the technique used before microwaves were invented, the double boiler system.
Melting your chocolate ingredients together with a double boiler system:
- Take a small saucepan and a fill halfway with water. Bring water to a boil. Turn heat back down to low.
- Take a glass bowl and place directly over the saucepan.
- Add the cocoa butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar into glass bowl and whisk together until everything is melted and chocolate is smooth.
Pour into your chocolate molds (aff link) and allow it to fully cool! Anddddddd Gluten-Free Chocolate is born!
If you like plain chocolate then this is the perfect recipe for you. However….
Ingredients to add to make different types of chocolate
- Orange – couple drops of orange extra and orange zest for Orange Chocolate Bars. Orange and chocolate just go togetherrrr, am I right?
- Mint – couple drops of mint extract and you’ll have Mint Chocolate Bars.
- Sea Salt – Sprinkle a large pinch of sea salt in (or also on) your chocolate bars for Sea Salt Chocolate Bars.
- Toasted Quinoa – Add toasted quinoa to the bars for a crunch like VeggieBalance created.
What other chocolate flavors are your favorite that we aren’t thinking of? Let us know in the comments below!
Meanwhile, I’ll be nomming down on this chocolate while we wait for your ideas for other ways to spruce up plain chocolate. 🍫 😉
Gluten Free Chocolate
- Fill a small sauce pan halfway with water. Bring water to a boil. Turn heat down low. Take a glass bowl and place it directly over the saucepan.
- Add cocoa butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and salt into glass bowl. Whisk until everything is melted together and chocolate is smooth.
- Pour into a chocolate mold or into any shape you'd like to set the chocolate in. Chill in freezer 10-15 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Once chocolate is set store in the refrigerator.