Gluten free brownies are every bit as easy and delicious as your “adulting is hard” lifestyle needs. You deserve these.
Gluten free brownies means no problematic protein, but doesn’t sacrifice the flavor.
Chocolate is life. Am I right? It’s equivalent to the feeling of love. It’s a constant reminder that the world can be simple and happy.
These brownies are no exception. Simple. Happiness.
We’re big believers in bringing more happiness into the world. Some days are harder than others. Like Mondays, these brownies are Monday-proof additions to your dessert rotation.
Slather some chocolate frosting on top? Yessssss please!
We have some other favorite chocolate desserts/treats we’d love to share!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Recipe
- Brownie Batter Hummus (TRUST US!)
- Chocolate Covered Bacon (Because bacon is ALSO amazing.)
What do you need for these gluten-free brownies
We like to keep things pretty simple around here.
What you’ll need:
- Cocoa Powder, gluten-free baking flour, baking soda, cornstarch, sugar, sea salt, eggs, butter, olive oil, vanilla extract, mini chocolate chips
- Don’t forget the homemade chocolate frosting! In this recipe we provide the nutrition data with the frosting and the recipe for it too. If you’d like to omit for various reasons go for it! This brownie recipe is absolutely amazing without the frosting.. it’s just a nice touch for a change.
Plus… I’m super bias to chocolate frosting on brownies.. it’s my epic favorite treat.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to bring that simple happiness into your life.
Brownies are so easy! Mix, pour and bake your way into the hearts of your family for the next get-together. You’ll have them at the extra mile with the homemade frosting.
But, if you’ve got to cut some sugar out, feel free to forego the frosting. It’s a little sad, but hey – we get it. Life is about balance.
Get ready to devour these brownies by the square, slice and crumble.
You don’t have to share if you don’t want to, but we think there’s more than enough love (aka chocolate) to go around.
And if you’d save us some crunchy corners, we’d really appreciate you sharing the love with us. 😉
Gluten Free Brownies
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- homemade chocolate frosting
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk + additional splashes of milk if needed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 8x8 pan by greasing sides and bottom.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together cocoa powder, gluten-free flour, baking soda and cornstarch. Whisk in sugar and salt.
- Creating a well into the center of dried ingredients, add whisked eggs, melted butter, olive oil and vanilla extract. Mix together until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool before frosting the brownies.
Gluten Free Chocolate Frosting
- Add softened butter in medium bowl. Beat butter with mixer until creamy (30-45 seconds), add vanilla extract, 2 Tablespoons milk, continue beating with mixer, slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time incorporating into butter mixture.
- Add cocoa powder. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk very slow.