Gluten Free Bagels requiring just 5-ingredients and no yeast! These bagels are so easy to whip together they will quickly become a staple!
Homemade gluten-free bagels are here! 😱 🥯
These babies are everything you’ve been wanting. Easy, delicious and requires NO YEAST.
I’m not one to mess with yeast. I personally just do not have the patience for it. I’ve also realized over the years that my bodies reacts to yeast breads. So for that reason whenever I can managed a recipe without yeast? I’m going to do it.
All you need for our No Yeast Gluten-Free Bagels
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend – we link to our favorite blend in the recipe card below. This is the flour we always use and all our recipes are created with.
- Plain Yogurt – you can use low-fat yogurt if you’d like but we strongly recommend whole fat yogurt.
- Baking Soda
That is seriously all you need and THAT easy to make. (See below for the full recipe quantities and baking instructions)
Then you can sprinkle whatever seasonings you’d like on top to make any variety of bagel. We personally LOVE everything bagel spice but just onion for onion bagels is a close second.
What type is your favorite bagel? 🥯
Perfectly this dough base can be used for not just bagels! Think pizza crust, rolls and pretzels.
Delicious little bites of heaven can be made with this simple 5 ingredient dough.
Next think you’ll need to do is whip up a batch of our gluten-free pancakes and you will be ALL set for breakfast. 😉 🥞 🍳
Now I will admit that this dough is a bit different than what you might be use too. Kind of the nature of the beast when working with gluten-free flours.
Here are some tips to making these bagels perfect
- Whatever you do not over mix the dough. Use a dough hook or a fork to mix the dry and wet ingredients. Then with your hands knead the dough to form a ball.
- Whip your egg before adding to the dough.
- Baking Time is a little bit of a struggle with this dough just depending on your bagel preferences.Depending on how thin or thick you rolled your bagel the outside may be cooked but the inside slightly uncooked. The best way to prevent this we’ve found is to cook at a lower temperature for the second half (like instructions). However, if they are still slightly uncooked in the middle, simply pop back into the oven with the temperature off for 5-10 minutes. This should help bake them chewy on the inside and nicely browned on the outside without burning.
Gluten Free Bagel Recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Create a well into center of flour, add yogurt and whisked egg. Fold flour into wet ingredients until dough ball forms. Spoon dough onto a well floured surface, continue to knead dough, sprinkling additional flour to keep the dough from sticking (if necessary). Form dough into a ball and cut into four even sections.
- Roll one piece into a long 2 inch thick roll and form into a circle to form a bagel. Proceed with this step until4 bagels are formed.
- Place onto a baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk together egg and water for egg wash. Lightly brush bagels with egg wash. Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on top and Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until bagels are browned and cooked through.